One of the finest National Parks in Kenya with amazing views of the highest mountain in Africa, Mount Kilimanjaro. “Amboseli” is a Maasai word meaning “salty dust” and is the best national park to view large herds of tusked elephants in close proximity.
If you are a nature lover, you can explore five different habitats here ranging from the dried-up bed of Lake Amboseli, wetlands with sulphur springs, the Savannah and woodlands.
- Elephant, Leopard, Cheetah, Wild dogs, Buffalo, Giraffe, Zebra, Lion, Crocodile, Mongoose, Hyrax, Dik- dik, Lesser Kudu, and Nocturnal Porcupine
- Prolific birdlife features 600 species
Temperature ranges from 20-30 c and rainfall from 200mm – 700 mm ,Two rain seasons: Long rains – March & April & short rains – Nov/ December
- Large Herds of Elephants
- Views of Mt. Kilimanjaro, Africa’s largest mountain in Tanzania
- Big Five – Lion, Elephant, Buffalo, Leopard
- Observation Hill which allows an overall view of the whole park especially the swamps and elephants,
- Swamp below observation hill hosts many elephants, buffaloes, hippos and a variety of water fowls like pelican, Egyptian goose
- Contemporary Maasai culture and indigenous lifestyle